Almonds have been used for centuries to give a youthful radiance and glow to dull and damaged skin. In fact, it cleanses the skin deeply, rejuvenates and improves the complexion.
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 honey
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Chickpea flour (Besan)
- Grind almonds in a blender.
- Add milk, flour, and honey, mixing until a thick paste is formed.
- Gently scrub it on your face with circular motions.
- Once you have evenly covered your face with it, wait 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
However, you do not have to just follow this recipe if you do not want. There is a great honey-almond scrub recipe which just needs those two ingredients for this one. The details of this particular one are given the following:
- Raw almonds: 1/2 cup
- Pure Honey: 3 tbsp
- First of all, take a coffee grinder and then grind all the almonds in it. You should get a fine powder at the end. Alternatively, if you do not have access to a coffee grinder, you can also use any other practical method like a rolling pin. Make sure to get fine powder though.
- After that, take 1 tbsp of the freshly ground almond powder and combine it with the honey to form a paste. You can store the remaining almond powder for future use. Store it in an airtight container.
- Now, it is time to apply the hence obtained scrub. wash your face first.
- After that, apply the scrub all over your face and neck using gentle circular massaging motions for a few minutes.
- Then, use warm water to rinse it off and finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
This remedy acts as a terrific exfoliator due to the powdered nature of the almond. Other than that, almond by itself will be great to make your skin smoother and more supple as its oils will come out due to the grinding. Honey is highly nourishing and hydrating to the skin and is great for keeping your skin moisturized due to its emollient properties. Moreover, it is packed with anti-oxidants which shield your skin from damage and in turn avoid many skin issues. Honey can even curb the risk of acne forming on your skin due to its anti-microbial properties.